Sunday, June 13, 2010

EMEA trip: Day 1

Keeping very short notes about my trip here. Also keeping more "work" appropriate notes for my team, but this is for all the other stuff.

Got in today, my flight was super on time, which I was very pleasantly surprised about! The cab drive was pretty expensive (70 francs) but I got to the office alright. That's right, the office. In order to get my keys for corporate housing, I needed to drop by the office first.

So I puttzed around the office for a while and then walked to the apartment. In the rain. Argh!

The apartment is pretty sweet though, it's 3-br 2-bth with 2 living rooms, and it's totally Ikea'd out. So far I have the place to myself, waiting for other Googlers to check in...maybe.

It's currently only about 7pm here, but it's raining so hard outside I don't want to walk around. Which means I can't even find food right now! So that's why I'm typing in this blog that I haven't touched in months.

Oh well, at least my 2 readers will be able to hear about my travels.

Now, off to wait out the rain, and try to stay up so I'm not jet-lagged in the morning.

No comments: